Saturday, August 25, 2012

Hip Shakin'

Dancing through these days one at a time.

On Career:  Definitely podcasting.  Definitely aiming for going back to school.

On Church:  I continue to seek and understand the meaning behind community, and to de-compartmentalize myself.  I'm blessed beyond measure by my friendships, yet still hold them at arm's length.  I've met many new people in the last year.  I seek to be a voice of peace and connection within my church community.  I have no care for divisiveness.  I will not shoot the wounded.

On Self:  Sometimes we have to be honest about what ails us.  I had to reach out and get some help.  Struggling with postpartum depression is real and creates real anguish.  I'm also regularly attending meetings again.  God is bigger than this day or that moment.  He can do with it what I can not.

On Children:  Things are fun and fairly enjoyable.  Seeing things through the eyes of my two year old is amazing.

On Faith:  I continue to be open to possibilities.  I seek refuge in the heart of Christ, and that's as far as I can get most days.  In the past few weeks, I think he's literally holding me up.  I'd like to hide in the folds of his garment.  Oh for the day I see your face.

On Music:  favorite tracks of late include Empire State of Mind (Jay Z), Shadow Days (Mayer), Summertime (Janis J), and the entirety of my Astrud Gilberto station on Pandora.

Bonus PSA:  Politics blow.  I'm tired of it already, and it is only August.  I don't care who you vote for or care to listen to any more vacant promises.  My thought is to live and do the best I can where I am.  I believe the opportunity to vote is precious and not to be taken lightly.  However, it is not the definition of who I am, and I resent the fact that I'm asked to pick sides, and that things like this pull apart families and friends.  Get over it.  Vote.  Live YOUR life.



4 comments:

Jeremy said...

Honored, Blessed, and darn lucky to walk this journey with you. You're an amazing woman, wife, mother, and friend. 143, forever.

Chelsie Sargent said...

Loved this post, made me miss you being here in Houston:).

Melanie said...

I love that pic of E. She is the perfect combination of you and Jeremy. So good to hear from your side of the country. Miss you, friend.

blueskies said...

I understand the whole post-partum thing and am available to chat about it all if you ever need too. I might call you too if you don't mind.